Major Revelation: “Turkish police made us throw stones at Greek border security”

For most of March when the world was trying to deal with the coronavirus pandemic, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan attempted to asymmetrically invade Greece with illegal immigrants. Even though commentators say it was an attack against Europe, this ignores that Erdoğan made assurances to Bulgaria, the only other European Union country to border Turkey, that illegal immigrants would not attempt to enter its territory.

As one of the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants concentrated on the Greek border, a 22-year-old Syrian gave a startling revelation to Ethnos. The illegal immigrant gave the interview under the pseudonym of Nariz so that he could speak freely without having problems with Turkish authorities.

Nariz was informed at the end of February that the borders between Greece and Turkey “had been opened” and immediately went so he could enter Europe. Rather, he arrived at the border and saw that they were not open and ended up stuck there for 27 days.

The Syrian recounts that Greek forces were making every effort to prevent the illegal immigrants from crossing the border while Turkish police were angrily and fanatically urging them to engage violently against the Greek border protectors.

“I fled Syria four years ago because of the war. There I experienced what war means and in the end I realized that it is impossible to live in my homeland anymore. I left with the goal of getting to Europe, studying and getting a job to help my family, parents and siblings who were left behind because they could not cross the border. I have been living in Turkey for the last few years. Here wages are low and there is no recognition of our rights,” explained Nariz.

Him, like many other illegal immigrants trying to enter Europe, would make devastating decisions as many of them sold most of their belongings, believing that their coveted journey to Europe was beginning and they would need money. Nariz then recounted how he was deceived by Turkish authorities. CONTINUE READING HERE